I have been a licensed massage therapist since 2008. My specialty is deep tissue/pain relief therapy. I am also certified in sports/prenatal /Swedish/ trigger point therapy/ and lymphatic drainage. I am passionate in therapeutic Bodywork because I experience the positive outcome it can have. In my professional opinion, massage is not only good for the physical aspect of the body, but, positive for the emotional well-being as well. I truly love my career as an LMT & look forward to helping you heal your body in an alternative approach to health care!
Try YogaMedicine with Megan! Private sessions for only $225/3 sessions (normally $80 a session).
Try Structural Integrity with Megan & Felicia, a combined therapy session for only $325/3 sessions (normally $125 a session).
Retail summer clearance starts this month with 30% new mark downs.
July 4th Sale -- 10% off any products* in-store July 2-4!
*Paddleboards not included
We have been expanding our studio, adding two more classrooms (a hot yoga classroom and a quiet room for drop-in meditation) and a spa which will include more bathrooms, showers, massage and private practice space. The focal point of our spa is our state-of-the-art Saltwater Floatation Therapy pod --the first of it's kind in Gwinnett and Walton Counties.
You may have heard about floatation therapy, floating, or float spas.
It's an effective therapy that has been used by a long list of celebrities, athletes and professional athletic teams. The list includes both 2015 Super Bowl teams, Chicago Cubs, numerous Olympians, athletes Stephen Curry, Tom Brady, Wayne Rooney, Carl Lewis, and celebrities like Elle Macpherson, Peter Gabriel, Michael Crichton, and Susan Sarandon.
All of these people have found pain relief, relaxation, creativity and clarity in a float tank.
We are excited to bring this truly unparalleled experience for relaxation, pain relief, and better sleep quality to the area. Stay tuned for details about our Grand Opening late August 2017!
Photos courtesy of Float Pod Technologies.
Simply by being alive, you are creative, and yet, some of us feel as though we didn’t inherit the ability to create. Tapping into your sacred & Divine gifts and tapping creativity is challenging. It involves living your truth. It involves work. To discover this, students will immerse themselves in a weekend long self-study (svadyhaha) to understand their deepest desires and begin to outline how to navigate those dreams.
Discussion and review of the yoga sutras, the 8-Limb Path and how we can apply these concepts to every day. Expect to work independently and as a group, as we answer thought-provoking questions about our true self.
FINDING BIG MAGIC: DEEPEST DESIRES X NAVIGATING YOUR DREAMS
300-HOUR YA CREDIT
15 HOURS CEUs
$295 ($249 EARLY BIRD)
Friday 6:00 – 9:00 pm
Saturday 11:00 – 4:00 pm
Sunday 9:00 am – 4:00pm
Required Reading: Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
Desire Mapping by Danielle Laporte
Another year and another Holiday party gone by and what a great day it was! A few people requested the recipe for the Thai Curry that was served but I thought it would be even better to give you my recipe for the WHOLE day! So, here goes. The recipe for a successful holiday party:
1. Fun guests! Clearly, I'm a little biased but our students are THE BEST! Thank you, not just that day but every day, for showing up, for getting on your mats, for doing the hard work and for making Ebb & Flow your yoga home! We love you and we can't imagine a better community of folks!
2. Great Food. Seriously. This will make or break your shindig. For years to come, even if the rest of the party does not go so well, people will say "at least the food was good". Do not underestimate the value of food. Our Lime Cupcakes with Coconut Creme frosting were provided by Cakes by Brandi. Please contact her for your bakery needs!
Here is the recipe for the Vegan Thai Curry
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 2 cups peeled & chopped carrots
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 stalk lemongrass, inner core, chopped (HINT: I put the onion, garlic, ginger & lemongrass in the food processor on pulse to chop)
- 1 small orange bell pepper, chopped & seeds removed
- 2 medium yukon gold potatoes, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 15 oz can coconut milk
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp ground sea salt (I would add more to taste)
OPTIONAL: if you want a hint of sweet, you can add 1 cup golden raisins
FOR REFERENCE: I doubled this recipe for our party
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker/crockpot
- Cook on Low 8-10 hours or on High 4-6 hours
- Serve over rice (I used Jasmine rice but Basmati or whole grain would also be great options!)
3. Solid Entertainment. Allow me to introduce you to our lineup:
Heidi Holland taught our Kids/Family Class. Schoolteacher, wife and mom, Heidi teaches Kids Yoga now on Saturdays and our Kids Yoga Camp every summer! When she is not in the studio, she loves to travel with her family, especially to Disney World!
Mary Kay Jordan taught our seated warm up. Iyengar syle yogi and world traveler, Mary Kay enjoys spending time with her family and friends. You can catch her in the studio on Sunday nights at 5pm for Restorative, Tuesday mornings at 11:30am for Gentle and Thursday mornings at 830 am for All Levels Form. Try her new class Wednesdays at 7pm and unwind in Candlelight Yoga.
Grace Lineberg taught our Sun Salutation section. Completing her Yoga Teacher Training in September of this year, Grace was part of Ebb & Flow's inaugural teacher training program! She is moving to Colorado in early 2017 but to practice with her before then, head to Hera's Healthcare on Thursday evenings at 5:30pm for All Levels.
Margo Gomes taught our standing pose set. When she is not practicing yoga or attending yoga and chant workshops, she enjoys loving on her pets and playing competitive pool! She is one our certified Thai Massage therapists and be on the lookout for some yoga and sound therapy workshops with her in 2017!
Megan Kearney taught the twists & backbends section. Studio owner, mermaid and dedicated mom of 3, Megan loves learning and life! When she is not teaching or running the studio, you can find her pursuing her advanced training in Yoga Medicine. You can catch her in class on Tues, Thur & Sat at 9:30am for All Levels Flow, Tues at 830 am & Sat 8am for Yin and Tues at 7pm for Movement Therapy.
Teresa Romasco taught hip openers and forward folds. When she is not practicing yoga on land or in her pool, she loves to brew her own homemade, delicious kombucha tea! Be on the lookout for workshops on how you can brew your own! You can take class with Teresa on Monday at 7pm for Gentle or Wednesday at 10am for Alignment.
Dani Roycroft taught the restorative cool down. Dani was also a part of Ebb & Flow's inaugural teacher training program! Standup Paddleboard Yoga Teacher & enthusiast, Dani loves the water, her jeep and her cat, Gaia. Visit the studio on Sunday evenings at 5pm for Restorative to practice with her.
I [Amanda] taught the Savasana section. Studio Manager & Vinyasa style yogi, I teach All Levels Flow Mon at 5:30pm, Tues Yin at 830am, Intermediate Wed at 5:30pm and Divinity Yoga Fri at 10am. When I am not teaching or hanging out at the studio, I am in Asheville working on her advanced certification, eating, or hanging with her husband.
4. Clutch music. Live music is great but it can get pricey, not to mention it can be limited. A killer playlist is all you need. To access ours, click on this link.
5. Unifying theme. Obviously themes are not necessary but they are kind of like the icing on the cake; the finishing touch, if you will, that just brings everything together nicely. Our theme was giving/generosity/charity and this was the quote that inspired it all: "The sage accumulates nothing, but the more he does for others, the greater his existence; the more he gives to others, the greater his abundance." - Lao Tzu. My hope is that this quote resonates with you and enriches your life.
6. Party Favors! Last but not least, a little trinket to walk away with is always fun! We loved giving you all chapsticks, free classes, bracelets, hats, etc! What's a theme about giving without gifts??
Well, that's a wrap! My recipe for a successful Holiday party! Once again, my sincere gratitude to everyone who was a part of this wonderful day!! Have the happiest of holiday seasons and we will see you soon!